WHEN IS IT TIME FOR A NEW WEBSITE?
It is a question that we come across quite often and can be a difficult one to answer. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try, here are 7 signs that it is time to start rethinking your website.
- Not Mobile Friendly: If your website is not optimized to be viewed on a mobile screen, it needs to be ASAP. Since 2016, there have been more Internet searches performed on mobile devices than desktops. That trend is only going up.
Test It: Test your website URL here: https://ready.mobi/
- Slow Page Load Speed: Consumers aren’t quite as patient as they used to be. In fact, nearly 40% of all consumers will exit a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Look Out For: Images not optimized, un-cached resources, too many plugins, redirects, and much more.
- Poor Ranking: We all want that sleek, sexy, website that blows you away… but what good does that do you if there is no one there to see it? If you aren’t on the top of Google’s list, you are already behind.
Fix it: Search ranking can be extremely complex, let an expert take a look at your site, then start with quick wins and low-hanging fruit. More Tips
- Low Conversion Rate: Maybe you have your site ranking well already, but conversions are always better than leads. If your conversion rate is low, chances are consumers do not find your website helpful. That’s a problem.
Tip: Keep your customer in mind and think about redesigning your site based on their goals, not yours.
- Difficult to Update: How complicated, time-consuming, and expensive is it to make changes to your site? No website should be stagnant. New and relevant content is always key and shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Make it Easy: Consider a website redesign with an easy to use CMS (Content Management System). Ask for our recommendations.
- You’ve Grown!: Congratulations! Your business has grown in the last 2, 5, or even 10 years. If you haven’t taken the time to continually update your site over that time period, you may have outgrown it.
Signs: New service lines or products that you offer, a large increase in website visitors, or competitors’ websites that look, feel, and function better than yours.
- It Looks Bad: No one wants an ugly website, period. Are your images blurry or non-existent? Are your fonts, colors, and logos inconsistent? Maybe, it just seems confusing and disorganized.
Advice: If you don’t like it, the consumers probably won’t either.
Security Bonus: Convert your website to HTTPS with an SSL Certificate to protect your website’s users data (Credit Cards, Passwords) from would-be attackers.
Check It: If your web address starts with HTTP and not HTTPS, you are not labeled as secure.
Your website often functions as the backbone of your business. So while it might see intimidating to think about redesigning or starting over, there are few things more important.
Don’t let it overwhelm you; LT has an entire team of experts here to help. Let us take a peek at what you currently have and prescribe recommendations that fit into your objectives.
GETTING IN TOUCH WITH LANETERRALEVER
Working in higher education marketing? Learn about our higher education marketing agency expertise.
Are you a casino marketer? Learn about our casino marketing agency expertise.